Thursday 15 October 2015

No sacred cow in the war against corruption - Osinbajo

VP Yemi Osinbajo yesterday said that the fight against corruption in Nigeria by this present administration will have no sacred cow. Osinbajo said this at the ongoing Nigeria Economic Summit holding in Abuja. Osinbajo said the law that drives anti-corruption must be applied to everyone.
"If we pick up somebody here and want to try him, I know how many calls I will get from people in this room. I’ve had the experience in public service and I don’t mind being the tough guy.
I’ve sacked people that needed to be sacked. So there are no sacred cows, the rules will be applied anyway. I find that everybody will like the rules to be applied so long as it will not apply to himself. We can’t apply the rules except we apply the rules to all of us; there should be no sacred cows.”he said

No comments:

Post a Comment