Friday 29 August 2014

I Have Commitment Issues - Reminisce

Nigerian musician, Reminisce has revealed that even though he presently lives with the mother of his two kids, he is not ready to take her to the altar.
Reminisce
Reminisce sits down with Toke Makinwa
He was talking to Punch reporters and said his reason for this was because he is still planning his future and also having some serious issues with commitment.
He also said that he has no ill will towards late singer, Goldie for using the song he wrote ” Don’t Touch My Body” and not giving him credit.


When asked why he lives with the woman and not marrying her after so many years, he said: “Yes, we live together. But we have issues with commitment. I think we are not ready for marriage yet. We will formalize things when the right time comes. I am still planning my future because I am not going to be a musician forever. I will quit music, maybe after a decade. I hope to also study Political Science overseas because I want to go into politics (House of Representatives) at some point as well.” 

When questioned why he does not shows off on social media like his other counterparts, he said: “I am a very reserved artiste. I am able to differentiate between Reminisce the artiste and Remi the family man. That is why I don’t promote luxury. There is nothing I need that I can’t afford, but I am not going to show off on social media. When artistes do such a thing, they appear superficial and unapproachable to their fans. Instead, I simply invest in people.”

Remilekun Abdulkalid Safaru, also known as Reminisce is a Nigerian  rapper and song writer from Ogun State.

His name is a play of the first four letter of his real name “Remilekun”, and the word reminisce in English language means “Indulging in enjoyable recollection of past events”.

No comments:

Post a Comment